Bold Florida Broiled Grouper
· 2 pounds fresh grouper fillets, cleaned and de-boned
· Juice of ½-1 orange
· 2 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
· ¼ cup butter, softened
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
· 1 tsp horseradish, ground
· salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven's broiler.
2. Place the grouper fillets on a greased baking tray.
3. Squeeze orange juice over grouper
4. In a small bowl, stir together the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, horseradish, salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Broil the fillets for about 6 minutes, until they can be flaked with a fork.
6. Remove from the oven and spread the cheese mixture on top of fillets.
7. Return to the broiler for an additional 30 seconds – 1 minute or until the topping is browned and bubbly.