Good for Ya Chocolate Chip Cookies!
· 1 cup chickpeas, well-rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
· ½ cup + 2 tablespoons organic peanut butter or other nut butter (regular peanut butter is not recommended)
· ¼ cup honey or for a vegan recipe try agave or golden syrup
1 tsp baking powder or for a grain free recipe use 1 part cream of tartar + 1 part baking soda + 2 parts arrowroot
· a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn’t have salt in it (salt is necessary for baking).
· ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Combine chickpeas, vanilla, peanut butter honey, baking powder and salt in a food processor until completely smooth.
3. Stir in chocolate chips – the mixture will be very thick so a quick pulse with the food processor might be easier.
4. Form 1 ½ inch cookies, place on parchment
5. Bake for 10 minutes