· ¼ cup butter
· ¼ cup all purpose flour
· ¼ tsp dry mustard
· ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· 2 drops hot sauce (optional)
· 1 ½ cup milk
· ½ pound Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat;
- blend in the flour, salt, pepper, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture is smooth and bubbly
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in the milk; return to heat and stir continually until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Melt the Cheddar cheese into the mixture in small portions until completely incorporated.
- Remove from heat.
Serve over English Muffins or Toast