You can still make dessert even if you can't find time to use the oven. Granny used to make an ice box fruit cake. This is the recipe that was with her others.
Ice Box Fruit Cake
· 1 box graham crackers crushed
· 2 cups seedless raisins
· 2 cups pecans
· 1 cup sweetened cherries
· 1 cup walnut
· 1 can sweetened condensed milk
· 1 cup shredded coconut
· 2 cups marshmallows
1. cut up fruit in small pieces
2. mix fruit, graham crackers and nuts in bowl.
3. melt marshmallows with milk
4. pour fruit, nut, cracker mixture into marshmallows and stir together
5. the mixture will be difficult to stir, DO NOT add more water or milk to make it easier.
6. put mixture into loaf pan and chill for 24 hours