Magical Chocolate Custard Cake
· 4 eggs, at room temperature
· 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
· 1 and ¼ cup sugar
· ½ cup butter, melted
· ½ cup all-purpose flour
· ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 2 cups milk, lukewarm
· 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF
2. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
3. Separate eggs.
4. Beat egg whites in a bowl until stiff and put aside.
5. Whisk egg yolks, vanilla powder and sugar until creamy.
6. Add melted butter and mix for about 30 seconds.
7. Add the flour and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix with a spatula until incorporated well.
8. Pour the milk gradually and continue beating.
9. Add in the egg whites, one third at a time and gently mix with a spatula.
10. Pour this batter into the baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
11. Let it cool and when it comes to room temperature chill for an hour.
12. Dust with powdered sugar just prior before serving.