To me, she's Mom, to some she is Nana and to the rest of the family she is Aunt Zandy.
Aunt Zandy's Chopped Liver
· 1 lb chicken livers
· 1 medium onion
· 2 eggs
· 2 tbs chicken fat (you may use any oil)
· salt/pepper to taste
1. Hard boil eggs
2. Fry chicken livers in fat over medium to medium/high about 5 minutes until cooked through but still soft. (using too high a heat will cause a bad flavor and green color)
3. Drain off fat and leave livers to cool
4. Slice and chop onion
5. Put cooled livers and onion and 1 egg in processor on chop speed for a “chopped” consistency or medium for a pâté consistency, (add small amount of the fat used to cook the livers if too dry to form the consistency you are looking for.)
6. Put mix in serving bowl
7. add salt/pepper to taste (lots of pepper is my preference)
8. Grate 1 egg and cover the top of the chopped liver.