Prep time: about 20 minutes Cook time: about 6 hours
- 12 oz. tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, diced with juice
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup red, yellow, and green peppers, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1 oz. chocolate
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese
- ½ lb. Spaghetti noodles
- Combine tomato puree, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, and water[i] in slow cooker
- Crumble uncooked beef and stir into mixture
- Add garlic, seasonings, chocolate, and cheese stir.
- Add spaghetti noodles, stir
- Set temperature on low and cook for 6 hours (or high for 3 hours)
This recipe yields enough to feed about 6 people.
Serving suggestions: sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, serve with garlic toast.
[i] Water is necessary as the noodles will absorb it. Though sauce may appear thin, it will become thicker as it cooks.