· 4 cups spinach leaves, stemmed
· 4 cloves garlic, cracked from skins
· 1 stick softened butter
· 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
· 1 loaf good quality Italian bread
1. Preheat broiler or set oven to 400º F
2. Place the spinach in a food processor with garlic, butter, salt and pepper and cheese and process, scraping the mixture down if necessary.
3. Halve bread lengthwise and slather it with spinach butter. Broil or bake to crisp, 3 minutes under broiler, or 6 to 7 minutes in hot oven.
4. Slice to desired serving size