· 1 cup sifted whole wheat flour
· ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw or Sugar in the Raw
· 1 teaspoon lemon zest
· ½ cup applesauce
· 20 ounces plain cultured soy
· 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
· ½ teaspoon lemon zest
· 1 ½ tbsp. whole wheat flour
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 5/8 cup Stevia or Sugar in the Raw
· ½ cup vegan egg substitute or ¼ cup applesauce
· 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
1. Preheat oven to 400º F
2. Combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar and grated lemon zest.
3. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla
4. Pat 1/3 of the dough into the bottom of one 9 inch spring form pan with the sides removed.
5. Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool then spray sides of pan with vegetable oil spray and attach to bottom. Pat the remaining dough evenly on the sides to a height of 2 inches
1. Preheat oven to 500º F
2. Beat together yogurt, vanilla and lemon zest.
3. Mix 1 ½ tablespoons flour, 1/8 teaspoon salt and the remaining sugar together. Gradually blend this mixture into the cultured soy mixture
4. Slowly add the egg substitute or applesauce while beating
5. Gently stir in the coconut milk
Pour into prepared pie crust
6. Bake at 500º for 5 to 8 minutes or until top edge of crust is golden.
7. Reduce heat to 200ºF and continue baking for 1 hour.
8. Remove cake from oven and cool in pan for at least 3 hours.
9. Remove sides of pan to serve